2010 VSA arts Playwright Discovery
- This is a contest sponsored by VSA arts, an affiliate of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- Students in grades 6-12 are encouraged to write an original one-act play with the theme of "disability."
- One play will be selected for performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC and the winning playwright receives a $2,000.00 prize and travel to Washington to see the play performed.
Script Frenzy Young Writers Program
- This is not a contest, but a sort-of online script writing marathon from April 1-30.
- Open to students ages 17 and under (ages 18 and above should check out the Script Frenzy Challenge at www.scriptfrenzy.org).
- Student writers set a page count goal and write every day in April to try and achieve that goal.
- Options exist for teachers to enroll classes of students into the program.
- The website has great writing resources, too.
Check out both website and pay close attention to the guidelines and requirements for each. Do not hesitate to contact the programs with any questions, or to get more details.